by Donna Mazzitelli
Although there are many options for starting your own green business, here are ten eco-friendly ideas to consider:
- Green franchises. Visit greenfranchisedirectory.com to learn about green franchise concepts and opportunities.
- Upcycle furniture. Old, broken furniture can be reassembled into new chic pieces to sell.
- Bicycle repair and refurbishing. Offer local cyclists light repair or cleaning services. If you have the space, you can purchase inexpensive older bikes, fix them and sell them for a profit.
- Green housecleaning services. Start a service that cleans using only all-natural and eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Handmade all-natural/organic products. Create soaps, cosmetics, and cleaning products that are natural or organic. Even though most of us can make homemade recipes, having someone create it for us and package products for us in convenient sets makes life easier.
- Recycling pickup. Create a service that picks up those items that homeowners’ recycling pickup will not. E-waste, batteries, and chemical products can end up in landfills because people do not know how or where to dispose of them.
- Organic catering. Cater with foods that are made from organic and locally-grown ingredients, and offer free-range meats along with vegan, gluten-free and paleo-meal options.
- Green app developer. Create apps to help users learn more about going green and guide them toward achieving their sustainable lifestyle goals.
- Sustainable event planner. Green event planners can use their green expertise and event-planning skills to find eco-friendly venues, materials, and accommodations to help curb the effects that meetings and events have on the environment.
- Eco-friendly salon. Start a hair salon that uses all-natural shampoos and conditioners or a nail salon that uses environmentally friendly and vegan polishes and spa treatments.